32,000 children in Southern New Jersey are not sure when they will get their next meal...All Things Fun!
New Jersey's Premiere Game & Comic Retailer is hosting our annual FoodMachine Event on Sunday November 11. Registration begins at 10am. The main event begins at Noon.
Main Event Information:
Main Event Format: 35 point, 2 list 2012 Steamroller, Foodmachine "cheats"
Main Event Entry Fee: 15 cans of food (or $20)
Main Event Start Time: Registration opens at 10am, game starts at Noon (sharp)
Side Event Information:
Side Event Format: 25 point Mangled Metal / Tooth & Claw FoodMachine "cheats"
Side Event Entry Fee: 5 cans of food (or $10)
Side Event Start Time: 3pm
In the last 2 years All Things Fun!
with the help of our generous players and local business sponsors have raised over 7 tons of food for the South Jersey Food Bank(SJFB.) We've arranged with the Food Bank for all of our donations to make it to area tables in time for Thanksgiving!
The South Jersey Food Bank provides approximately 8.2 million pounds of food and other essentials to more than 200 emergency food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters. The added strain of Hurricane Sandy on the Food Bank has been huge. Helping those devastated by Hurricane Sandy has put an unexpected drain on the Food Banks resources. We hope everyone in the area can get involved and help your neighbors in need!
Prizes have been donated by area businesses including Tunes, Botinno's ShopRite, AKA Recording, Vision Center II, Screen Gems, ACD Distribution, Wegmans and of course All Things Fun!
Prizes will be awarded to the winner of the tournaments and to the players that donate the most food items over the course of the event. 100% of the proceeds benefit the South Jersey Food Bank.
You can also watch the event streamed live on the internet hosted by our own Nick S. at www.allthingsfun.netAll Things Fun!
FoodMachine Charity Events
Main Event: Sunday, 11/11 at Noon
Main Event Entry Fee: 15 cans (or $20)
Side Event: Sunday, 11/11 at 3pm
Side Event Entry Fee: 5 cans (or $10)
Foodmachine 2012 Cheats
“Breaking the Rules”
At any point during a game, a player may donate a canned good to create an in-game effect. These canned goods are in addition to any canned goods that were donated for the registration fee.
The following are the in-game effects that are generated by extra donations:
During your game, you may donate 1 canned good to:
1. Add +1 to your initiative die roll per can donated. Secretly decide a number of cans to donate and after your opponent decides how many cans to donate, reveal the total bonus amount and then roll for initiative.
2. Re-roll 1 of your dice. Each subsequent time you break this rule, whether for it’s for the same die or a different die, the cost to break this rule doubles. For example the 1st re-roll=1 can, 2ndre-roll=2 cans, 3rd re-roll=4 cans, 4th re-roll=8 cans. The cost resets back to 1 can at the start of your next turn. You cannot re-roll the initiative roll.
3. Force your opponent to re-roll 1 of his/her dice. Each subsequent time you break this rule, whether for it’s for the same die or a different die, the cost to break this rule doubles. The cost resets back to 1 can at the start of your opponent’s next turn. You cannot force a re-roll your opponent’s initiative roll.
4. Shift damage one column/branch to the left or right or shift grids on a Colossal/Gargantuan once per damage roll.
During your game, you may donate 3 cans to:
1. SATED: Trigger 'Shake Effects' on a warcaster/warlock or warjack/warbeast instead using of using Focus/Fury. Can only be used once per turn on one warcaster/warlock or
2. FREE LUNCH: Give your warcaster/warlock an extra focus/fury point during the control phase. This may be in excess of their focus/fury stat, but does not change the stat itself.
Your warcaster/warlock receives this focus even if other effects do not normally allow him focus/fury points. Can only be used once per turn.
3. DINNERTIME!: Generate 1 free non-charge power attack. Each subsequent time you break this rule per turn, the cost to break this rule doubles. The cost resets back to 3 cans at the start of your next turn.
4. REMEMBER REINHOLDT: Measure the distance between any 2 models on the board at any time.
You may donate 10 cans to:
1. STARVATION: At the start of your game, force an opponent’s advance deploy model/unit to lose the advance deploy ability. Decide this after seeing your opponent’s list but before you
roll for the initiative roll. Can only be used once per game.
2. At the start of your game, give 1 non-character jack/beast (non Colossal/Gargantuan)
HUNGRY. HUNGRY adds +1 MAT, RAT, DEF, and ARM to the stat line for the duration of the game. Can only be used once per game.
3. GAUNT: At the start of your game, prior to the starting roll, designate one of your warrior model/units to have Terror. Can only be used once per game.
4. FRIENDS IN NEED: Designate one Mercenary or Minion models/unit as a friendly Faction model/unit for one game round.
The following cheats can only be used once per tournament. Once paid for they are in force for the duration of the tournament.
You may donate 50 cans to:
1. Take one out-of-faction non character (non Colossal or Gargantuan) Warjack or Warbeast for your Warcaster or Warlock (respectively). This Warjack or Warbeast counts as a friendly Faction model. May only be used for a single Warjack or Warbeast per tournament.
You may donate 75 cans to:
1. Take one out-of-faction Character Warjack or Warbeast for your Warcaster or Warlock
(respectively). This Warjack or Warbeast counts as a friendly Faction model. May only be used for a single Warjack or Warbeast per tournament.
2. Take one out-of-faction battle engine for your army. This model counts as a friendly Faction model. May only be used for a single battle engine once per tournament.
You may donate 100 cans to:
1. Take one out-of-faction Colossal or Gargantuan for your Warcaster or Warlock
(respectively). This Colossal or Gargantuan counts as a friendly Faction model. May only be used for a single Colossal or Gargantuan per tournament.
All are invited and every player's name will be inscribed on the ATF 2012 FoodMachine Honor Roll!
Hope to see everyone on Sunday, 11/11 starting at 10am!