All Things Fun! Online Forums
November 24, 2014, 12:30:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow All Things Fun! on Twitter & Facebook!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Elder Dragon Highlander  (Read 5343 times)
Slivortal
Lurker

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:30:29 PM »

Hi, I'm moving up to Voorhees this summer, and I was wondering if any of you play EDH/if you run any EDH tournaments?  I run Ghost Council of Orzhova, and I was wondering if I could get a chance to test it out.  Also, how competitive are your Constructed FNMs?  Are there a lot of budget players, or is it mostly Spikes?
nododgy
Slacker

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »

Im a bit curious about the contructed FNM as well. I quit the the several years ago(wasn't the best player, but usually attended FNM and some PTQs), but I'm considering coming back. While casual play is fun and all, I prefer a decently competitive environment.
g-nizzle
Lurker

wrathofgreg01
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 01:50:21 AM »

FNM is casual yet competitive. we all play the top standard decks, but most of us change decks every week to change things up and try something new.

I've got a bad feeling about this.....
chickachaw
Lurker

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:05:12 PM »

Yes. I'm so in for EDH. If therre are EDH tourniments, I'll be there. Just tell me when and were.

Note: Okay, I already know where.
Ed Evans
Mr. All Things Fun!
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »

Yes. I'm so in for EDH. If therre are EDH tourniments, I'll be there. Just tell me when and were.

Note: Okay, I already know where.

Hello! And welcome!

We are looking at hosting an EDH event at the store later this month.  Saturday, 3/28 @ Noon.  I'll snag the rules and re-post them here soon.  But I don't think we'll make people claim their Warlords ahead of time.  (Too complicated.) 

Anyone that's played in an EDH game can tell you it's a bit chaotic but fun.  We'll have pack prizes and a cool deckmat for the survivor (I mean winner) and a DCI Foil Promo for all that enter.

More details soon!
-Ed

Ed Evans
All Things Fun!
Toys, Games, Comics & Adventure!
edevans@allthingsfun.net
Entropy
Lurker

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »

I have a rules question for EDH. If you remove a Warlord from the game with Oblivion Ring, can you replay it? Or is it stuck in the ring?

I know the pieces fit
'Cause I watched them fall away
Ed Evans
Mr. All Things Fun!
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »

I have a rules question for EDH. If you remove a Warlord from the game with Oblivion Ring, can you replay it? Or is it stuck in the ring?
Ah..sticky question!

1.) Yes, you can replay/respawn the Warlord BUT it is a new instance and you must pay the penalty.  If you do this and then you destroy the Oblivion Ring the original Warlord DOES NOT come back into play.
2.) If you DON'T replay/respawn the Warlord and the Oblivion Ring is destroyed then your Warlord DOES come back into play.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!
-Ed

Ed Evans
All Things Fun!
edevans@allthingsfun.net
Entropy
Lurker

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:14 AM »

I have another couple questions for EDH (Sorry for posting here but the rules thread is locked). What happens if two people have the same Warlord? Is that even allowed? What if they're both in play at the same time?

Also what happens if I play my Warlord morphed and hit an opponent? Does that count as Warlord damage?

I know the pieces fit
'Cause I watched them fall away
Ed Evans
Mr. All Things Fun!
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 02:44:25 PM »

I have another couple questions for EDH (Sorry for posting here but the rules thread is locked). What happens if two people have the same Warlord? Is that even allowed? What if they're both in play at the same time?

Also what happens if I play my Warlord morphed and hit an opponent? Does that count as Warlord damage?

Ok...Let's see if I can answer your questions...

1.) <<What happens if two people have the same Warlord? Is that even allowed? What if they're both in play at the same time?>>

The world's a funny place!  You never know!  But it is certainly permitted. Now since we are playing under the Open Rules and players aren't required to reserve Warlords then this rule would apply...

... If two opponents in the same game have the same General and both are in play, neither is put into the graveyard (although other, non-General, versions are)...

2.) <<what happens if I play my Warlord morphed and hit an opponent? Does that count as Warlord damage? >>

Without looking at specific cards, I can provide some recent rulings to see if they might be sufficient to answer your question.  For example this tidbit recently handed down from the gods of EDH (check out ruling #3 below.)...

...Generalness is not a characteristic like toughness, colour, or name... nor is it a status like flipped/tapped. It is an instrinic property of the card, which can't be copied, erased, and doesn't go away

1. A legendary creature with morph CAN be played facedown from the RFG zone
2. A face-down general which would be put into the graveyard may be removed from the game instead.
3. If a face-down general would deal combat damage to a player, its controller may reveal it (temporarily) and have it deal General Damage, or leave it face down in which case it deals only normal damage.

I hope that helps!!!!

Remember this is a casual format and we want to have fun so keep building those decks.  (Remember no proxies!)  Smiley

More format and prize details later this week!

Thanks!
-Ed

Ed Evans
All Things Fun!
edevans@allthingsfun.net
WordOfCommand
Slacker

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »

trying as hard as I can to get in to play EDH, sounds like alot of fun, and I'll be sure to make the draft this friday night!!!!

Ed, is there any way to make EDH an evening affair?... or the start time around 2:15 on saturdays?Huh?

hope to see alot of players for both EDH and draft FNM

Chang
Soundwave
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 02:21:13 PM »

Hi, this timing seems uncanny, my friends and I, all just finnished making our first EDH. We were just going to host a few games between us, but now that I know ATF holds EDH, I think I will suggest that we go there. Unfortunatly I was unaware of the EDH tournament yesterday, but I hope that I can attend the next one, and I'll bring my friends along too. Looking forward to having some fun and seeing others decks.

One question I had was that are these EDH tournaments one on one or in a multiplayer setting? I was under the impression that EDH is more of a multiplayer format. IF it is multiplayer might I suggest a grand melee event or "star magic" epending on the numbers... though on second thought that may take a lot of time to actually play out the game. anyway food for thought
Ed Evans
Mr. All Things Fun!
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 02:29:57 AM »

Hi!

Check out the EDH Rules thread.  It's Multiplayer with 120 minute rounds.
(And it's crazy stuff.)
-Ed

Ed Evans
All Things Fun!
edevans@allthingsfun.net
Big Joe
Lurker

Age & Treachery

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »

Howdy Gang...
It's Joe the the guy with the Red/Black Wort deck. I must say, my crew and I have been playing EDH almost exclusively and the format absolutely RULES for fun factor. When you couple that with the fact that All things Fun is without a doubt my favorite shop, and you can be sure that we will be there every chance we get. As a previous store owner, and the fact that I live an hour away should reinforce just how great ATF really is!!!! No BS.

If you consider yourself a casual but competent player, and you have a bunch of random cards laying around this is the format for you. All those dollar rares that were amazing 5/10 years ago suddenly are amazing again!!!!! So, put down that XBox controller and start building!!!!!!

Big Joe
President, The Roundtable Games & Stuff, Inc. (R.I.P.) Sad
ATF's # 1 fan Grin
EDH Advocate Cool
Guy from the other side of the river. Tongue

Rep'n The Thornwood Kriels!!!!
Fav Charity: Diretrolls United To Have Warcasters Declared A Major Food Group.

BiG JOE
Soundwave
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 09:00:03 PM »

Since this is not a DCI tournament, may I suggest that we continue with pre 2010 rules for EDH tournaments. But I suppose it will have to come down to a vote on the actual game day. I and at least one of my friends plan to attend this Saturday.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: