All Things Fun! Online Forums
November 01, 2014, 01:40:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow All Things Fun! on Twitter & Facebook!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Night Magic  (Read 4667 times)
Darth_Variable
Official Sith Lord and post junkie

Evil keeps me young

View Profile Email
« on: September 15, 2009, 06:56:44 PM »

What time does Friday Night Magic typically start.  For a draft event, what should someone new to these events look to bring down?

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Ed Evans
Mr. All Things Fun!
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:04:34 PM »

What time does Friday Night Magic typically start.  For a draft event, what should someone new to these events look to bring down?

Friday Night Magic (FNM) usually starts at 6:30pm.  If folks are they they are encouraged to call the store as we can't allow late players into the draft.  So it's not uncommon to what a little for later comers that have called ahead.

Usually you should bring pen & paper to keep track of your life.  Maybe some counters and sleeves to protect your new cards.  (Of course you can get counters and new sleeves at ATF.)  You should also bring your entry fee.  This week (9/18) is draft so that's $15 and during a constructed event that's $5. Otherwise that's it!

This week we'll be drafting and prizing Magic 2010.

Now if you are talking about what cards to draft...well, that's a different story.  Some guys will rare draft.  2010 is a great set for that.  You could pull a $25 card.  Of course if you can't build a deck around it you'll get your head handed to you. 

I suggest (like I do every week) that you have fun!  If you see a cool card take it.  If you think you can build a combo go for it.  Have fun until you get a feel for the pattern of the cards and how often you'll see certain cards.  Drafting is all about pulling random pieces together and a bit of luck!

Hope to see everyone on Friday!
-Ed

Ed Evans
All Things Fun!
Toys, Games, Comics & Adventure!
edevans@allthingsfun.net
Darth_Variable
Official Sith Lord and post junkie

Evil keeps me young

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »

Thanks Ed I appreciate the pointers.  I expect to have Sam there this Friday for his first draft.  Who knows, I might even learn a few things if I hang around Smiley

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: